What does a Dyslexia Assessment Involve?
At Lexxic, a dyslexia diagnosis involves a suitably qualified and experienced assessor conducting a range of comprehensive diagnostic and advisory services. These include:
- Pre-assessment Questionnaire - to gain a detailed understanding of the adult's difficulties, and their medical and educational history;
- Cognitive Functioning Assessment - to gain an overview of the adult's abilities such as; short term visual memory, short term auditory memory, verbal comprehension, and perceptual organisation;
- Reading, Writing and Spelling Analysis - to assess the adult's literacy attainment and identify any specific problem areas.
For adults in the workplace, Lexxic offers the following additional services:
- Workplace Needs Assessment - to determine how the adult's dyslexia affects them at work and to recommend strategies to address these issues;
- Adult Learner's Profile - a service offered in conjunction with a Workplace Needs Assessment for adults who have previously undergone a diagnostic assessment. This will identify tdult's preferred learning style.
Reports are then written based on information gathered from the above, to highlight the results of the dyslexia diagnosis, and make further recommendations for the individual to reach their true potential.
Find out More!
To get in touch and enquire about the services offered by Lexxic, click here.
Tue, 12th March 2013
We are extremely pleased to announce that Nicola James,...Read More
Sun, 19th February 2012
Lexxic has been selected from hundreds of organisations...Read More
Mon, 9th January 2012
Nicola James, founding Director of Lexxic, has launched a...Read More